This week we wrap up part two of our conversation with Doug Kincade, Content Strategy Director at Huge Inc. – a digital design, marketing, and technology agency. Doug oversees design and implementation of digital content, strategy, and user experience for clients like Google, American Express, Lexus, the US Department of Energy, among others.
In this episode we explore healthy ways to approach privacy, propaganda, and ethics in marketing. We ask the tough questions about manipulating consumers toward morality, trusting in the ethos behind a brand, and the elusiveness of data protection on the internet.
In This Episode:
- 1:00 – How Companies Create Intimacy on the Web
- 5:50 – The Ethics of Client Relationships and Content Interactivity
- 10:15 – Privacy Protection – Does it Exist?
- 14:15 – Ethos, Logos, Pathos: Aristotle and American Marketing
- 21:20 – Bodhisattva Wondrous Sound: Branding like a Buddha
- 23:35 – The Ethics of Manipulating Morality
- 29:10 – Consumer Awareness
- 30:10 – Customer Service on Social Media
- 3:10 – HP Website
- 9:05 – A Billionare in Sillicon Valley
- 10:40 – Ashley Madison
- 11:50 – Database Backed Websites: by Philip Greenspan
- 14:15 – Aristotle: On Rhetoric
- 17:30 – Joe Isuzu
- 21:20 – Bodhisattva
- 23:45 – “The Rise of Nudge” / Nudge: by Thaler and Sunstein
- 32:55 – DiGiorno #whyistayed
- 33:20 – @NotCoatFactory
- 34:10 – Huge Inc.
We’ve said it before, but it can’t be said enough: We owe our deepest gratitude to all of you who have subscribed, continue to listen, offer feedback and iTunes reviews, encourage us, and promote the growth of Blurred Radio. You’re our inspiration!
Connect With Blurred: