Chris Denson, a comedian turned creative director, is the founder of the podcast Innovation Crush and an innovator of media strategy and planning at Ignition Factory. In this episode, Chris chats with our Blurred hosts about his thoughts on emerging media, opens up about his “roller coaster” journey to get where he is today, and inspires listeners to be connoisseurs of culture in order to be successful storytellers.
In this live-streamed episode with Chat with Political Cartoonist, Daryl Cagle. Daryl shares his journey from Muppet illustrator, to toy inventor, to America’s most widely syndicated political cartoonist. We discuss the sensitivity of press freedoms around the world, journalism for the age of the internet, and ask the age-old question: “Are liberals funnier than conservatives?”.
This week, we begin part one of a two part conversation with Content Strategy Director, Doug Kincade. In this episode we start the conversation by talking about the use of data analysis, creativity, and generosity to create ideal online user experiences for consumers of big brand and Fortune 100 companies. Read more →
Hollywood music editor, interface designer, sound entrepreneur Alex Levy joins us to discuss the evolution of creative technologies and how our interfaces affect us.
Alex and his team of entrepreneur sound-creatives at Epilogue Media are pioneering new and blurry ways of incorporating music and sound into immersive entertainment experiences, notably with live-to-picture orchestra performances of films like Star Trek and Back to the Future, and recently with the immersive blackout sound experience at the Tactile Dome at San Francisco’s Exploratorium.
We get a deep dive on the evolution of motion picture and music editing tools, automating menial tasks that prohibit collaboration, as well as how our interfaces impact the creative process.
In This Episode:
- 2:00 – Alex Levy, Founder of Epilogue Media
- 3:00 – What is a Music Editor?
- 14:50 – The Evolution of Music and Picture Editing Technology
- 28:00 – Live-to-Picture Touring Film Concerts
- 45:45 – Interface Design Is Vital to Creativity
- 49:15 – Is Human Creativity Automatable?
- 54:25 – What is Epilogue Media, Exactly?
- 56:00 – The Tactile Dome at the Exploratorium
- 2:30 – Michael Giacchino
- 3:00 – Alex Levy IMDB
- 7:30 – Brian Tyler, Composer
- 9:10 – Brad Bird
- 13:27 – Leia’s Theme, Star Wars
- 14:33 – Paul Hirsch
- 14:30 – Lasseter on Art and Tech
- 22:00 – Ulysses and the Sirens
- 32:58 – Cimbasso
- 41:00 – QLab for Live Show Control
- 44:21 – Zelda Symphony of the Goddesses
- 45:05 – Pokemon Symphonic Revolutions
- 53:50 – Robert McKee, Story
- 56:00 – Tactile Dome Exploratorium
- 56:00 – Email Alex
We’ve said it before, but it can’t be said enough: We owe our deepest gratitude to all of you who have subscribed, continue to listen, offer feedback and iTunes reviews, encourage us, and promote the growth of Blurred Radio. You’re our inspiration!
Connect With Blurred: