This week we wrap up part two of our conversation with Doug Kincade, Content Strategy Director at Huge Inc. – a digital design, marketing, and technology agency. Doug oversees design and implementation of digital content, strategy, and user experience for clients like Google, American Express, Lexus, the US Department of Energy, among others. Read more →
Today on Blurred, we have Mark Fitzpatrick the CEO and Opie Opfer the Creative Director for RUHM Luxury Marketing, a full-service creative agency for ultra-high-end homes and developments. Mark and Opie talk about drawing the personality out of a truly beautiful, custom home and inspiring potential buyers to create their own memories there.
We also get into the nuts and bolts of real estate marketing, why the status quo is NOT quo, and how to know whether a potential buyer might be bluffing.
In This Episode:
- 3:00 – What is Ruhm?
- 05:50 – The Status is Not Quo
- 08:35 – The Media and PR Strategy for Luxury Marketing
- 13:30 – How does Ruhm make money?
- 16:10 – Using Data to Create Successful Campaigns
- 20:30 – What Parts of a Website Drive the Most Traffic
- 22:15 – Where Lines are Blurring in Luxury Marketing
- 26:15 – Pushback from the Real Estate Industry
- 28:30 – Crafting the Right Message – Cavu Vegas and Hurlingham Drive
- 35:15 – Who Retains Rights to the Creative?
- 38:55 – A Sketch of a Successful Creative Partnership
- 41:45 – Ruhm’s Philosophy on Tech and Gear – Rent vs Buy
- 44:30 – Next Steps for Ruhm and Contact Info
Today on Blurred Radio, we talk to Joe Russ, founder of Mografi and co-creator of Jenny LeClue, a forthcoming multi-platform choose-your-own adventure game. We talk about the blurring lines of indie game development, crowd funding and pushing the boundaries of interactive art making.
On a more pensive note, Joe talks about the artist’s struggle, dealing with loss, and balancing “good enough” with a crippling pursuit of perfectionism. All that and more on today’s episode of Blurred Radio.
In This Episode:
- 00:50 – Jenny LeClue – A Social Choose-Your-Own Adventure Game
- 03:00 – Having the Right Team for Maximum Flexibility
- 06:10 – Stylistic Influences for Jenny LeClue
- 09:20 – The Story of Jenny LeClue
- 10:50 – On Animation as a Storytelling Platform
- 13:50 – Joe Russ’ early development: Entrepreneurship + Illustration
- 16:55 – Crowdfunding, Entrepreneurship, Risk and Getting the Word Out
- 21:15 – Creativity as a Means of Dealing with Loss
- 23:55 – Trusting Your Instincts, Being Honest and Overcoming Fear
- 27:35 – Riding the Tension between “Good Enough” and Artistic Compromise
- 29:50 – Pre-Selling Projects and the Future of Media Finance
- 33:50 – The Field of Competition in Indie Game Dev
- 35:40 – The Audio World of Jenny LeClue
- 38:15 – Timeframe for Release
- 40:15 – Advice to Beginners – How to Get Started
- 42:00 – Goodbye, Joe Russ!
- 01:00 – Jenny LeClue – http://jennyleclue.com/
- 02:33 – Unity Development Platform – https://unity3d.com/
- 06:20 – Limbo – http://playdead.com/limbo/
- 06:25 – Monument Valley – http://www.monumentvalleygame.com/
- 07:30 – Robert David Yeoman – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Yeoman
- 08:10 – Jenny LeClue push – http://jennyleclue.com/
- 12:50 – Cracked article about CGI – http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-expensive-films-end-up-with-crappy-special-effects/
- 21:20 – Fathoms – http://mografi.com/fathoms/
- 26:00 – Seth Godin “Just Ship It” book – http://sethgodin.typepad.com/files/theshipitjournal.pdf
- 32:55 – Jenny LeClue in Game Informer – http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/03/06/the-very-best-indie-games-of-gdc-2015.aspx/?PostPageIndex=6
- 36:15 – Gary Schymann’s BioShock OST – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGL1NXReHws