The Void is a full virtual reality experience that takes place in real space and real-time. Think full immersive VR meets interactive narrative multiplayer storytelling meets…the entertainment experience of the future. Basically it’s the Holodeck.
To be honest, before you listen to this this episode it may be a good idea to head to The Void and watch their intro video – because this is the sort of project you have to see in order to believe. Ken and James talk to us about creating the ultimate futuristic entertainment experience, the many worlds of possibility that await in this fully immersive virtual environment they call The Void.
This episode is for gamers, designers, virtual reality geeks and immersive experience nuts, as well as anyone who enjoys good old-fashioned narrative storytelling, because this is the future of it.
In This Episode:
- 1:15 – Happy Pioneer Day!
- 3:30 – What is THE VOID?
- 7:10 – Building Virtual Experiences in The Void
- 11:45 – How The Void is Structured – Business, Creative, Physical Models
- 18:45 – Building User-Controlled Virtual Flight Simulators
- 20:45 – The Business Model: Subscription, Retail, Military, Non-Profit Applications
- 24:45 – Fully-Immersive and Customizable Audio, Environments, Sensory Perception
- 29:45 – Is The Void Healthy? Or is it The Matrix?
- 37:35 – Staying Ahead of the VR Curve
- 42:25 – Raising Capital, Crunching the Numbers
- 45:10 – Brand Partnerships, Experiences and Advertising
- 48:10 – Timeframe for Release, Next Steps, Hiring and Contact Info
- The Void Teaser Trailer
- 1:25 – Pioneer Day in Utah!
- 2:45 – Laser Tag
- 5:25 – Rapture Technology
- 18:00 – Twisted Metal
- 19:00 – Star Tours
- 31:05 – World of Warcraft Addiction
- 35:15 – Descartes’ Dream Argument
- 35:30 – Reward Psychology
- 37:05 – Command & Conquer
- 45:30 – Red Bull Stratos
- The Void Website
We’ve said it before, but it can’t be said enough: We owe our deepest gratitude to all of you who have subscribed, continue to listen, offer feedback and iTunes reviews, encourage us, and promote the growth of Blurred Radio. You’re our inspiration!
Connect With Blurred: